Sunday, February 19, 2012

<Select a Value> inconsistent

Hi, has anyone else seen this or know of why it's happening?
I have a report with a parameter Region. The region values are pulled
from a query:
select null as id, '' as name
union
select regionid, regionname from region
The Region parameter allows nulls and has a default value of null.
In the visual studio designer everything looks great. The dropdown
parameter is blank and my region values are there if I pull it down.
When I deploy the report to the server, the region parameter looks
different. It now defaults to <Select a Value>. The blank (null) line
exists but is not defaulted to on open of the report.
Another weird aspect of this is that I have a number of other reports
that "seem" to be set up exactly in this manner that work corrrectly
(i.e. The Region dropdown show up blank with valid regions in the
dropdown and no <select a value> option) in the designer and on the
server.
Thanks for your help,
BrettOn your report parameter have you set a non-queried default value of
=Nothing ?
HTH, Magendo_man
"Brett" wrote:
> Hi, has anyone else seen this or know of why it's happening?
> I have a report with a parameter Region. The region values are pulled
> from a query:
> select null as id, '' as name
> union
> select regionid, regionname from region
> The Region parameter allows nulls and has a default value of null.
> In the visual studio designer everything looks great. The dropdown
> parameter is blank and my region values are there if I pull it down.
> When I deploy the report to the server, the region parameter looks
> different. It now defaults to <Select a Value>. The blank (null) line
> exists but is not defaulted to on open of the report.
> Another weird aspect of this is that I have a number of other reports
> that "seem" to be set up exactly in this manner that work corrrectly
> (i.e. The Region dropdown show up blank with valid regions in the
> dropdown and no <select a value> option) in the designer and on the
> server.
> Thanks for your help,
> Brett
>|||Thanks magendo! That worked! I still don't understand why this
parameter acts differently than other parameters (or why setting the
default to NULL does not work), but at this point, I'm just happy it
works. Thanks a bunch.
Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment