Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Create a Grants Rights Script" error in rs db configaration

Hi,

While I'm trying to configure rs db configuration, I’m getting "Create a Grants Rights Script" error when I click Apply button in rs configuration UI.

For this setup; I’m using 32-bit rs on 64-bit windows 2003 server and trying to connect 64-bit sql db instance on a different 64-bit box . both boxes are in same windows domain. I could also able to create rs db from rs configuration UI successfully. I'm using sql sa credentials and installed SQL SP1 on both boxes. Pl let me know how to fix this error.

Complate error message is,

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.WebUtil.GetIPAddresses(String machine)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.Panels.DatabaseSetupPanel.IsLocalDbServer(String dbServer)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.Panels.DatabaseSetupPanel.SetDatabaseConnectionTask(String connectionString, String server, String database, ConfigurationCredentialsType credsType, String account, String password, Boolean upgrade, String dbVersion)

Thanks in advance

Ram

did you ever resolve this problem. I'm gettnig the same error.|||

Hi Greg,

I would suggest to start from here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365170.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159093.aspx

Mihaela

No comments:

Post a Comment