Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Could not open SQLEVN70.RLL"

"Your

SQL Server installation is eigher corrupt or has been tampered with

(could not open SQLEVN70.rll). Please uninstall then re-run Setup to

correct this problem."

What do I do? It says to uninstall/reinstall, but what DO I install? I need a step-by-step procedure to follow to get rid of this.

Not finding much on this one, I did see http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Q_21754121.html that you should check out.

If you're still having this issue give a bit more information, what product are you working with? When are you getting this error?

Mike

|||Sorry for the late reply, but I got it fixed now.|||

How did you fix it - I have the same problem.

I am running af XP pro.

Tanx

/Stengaard

|||

Stengaard wrote:

How did you fix it - I have the same problem.

I am running af XP pro.

Tanx

/Stengaard


I uninstalled it all, and then reinstalled everything back. If you have anything important, back it up.|||

Thank you. I will have to do so then.

/Stengaard

|||

Stengaard wrote:

Thank you. I will have to do so then.

/Stengaard


No problem. ^_^|||

How did you fix the problem I have the same thing

Thank You

|||

HI, I have not been able to solve this same issue, I have found few sites to describe this specific issue. I need help to solve it. Thanks in advance for any help.

|||what is it and why did it do and how can i fix it i just got this computer.|||In the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server there are probably 2 subdirectories starting with MSSQL$. One of them is empty (look in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$?MSDE\Binn\Resources\1033 or 1043). Delete this subdirectory and the problem is solved.|||

Thanx - this sounds about right, but both the subdirectory 1033 and 1043 is not empty, so wich one to delete?

|||

You just have to look in the subdirectory of Microsoft SQL Server.

Both 1033 and 1043 are subdirectories of the subdirectory and they both have the file SQLEVN70.RLL. So that's OK. Don't delete these files!

It looks a bit complicated, but it isn't.

In Explorer go to > Program Files >Microsoft SQL Server

Do you see one subdirectory starting with MSSQL$? or do you see two or more such subdirectories?

If you only see one subdirectory then this solution is not suitable for you.

If you see two or more subdirectories starting with MSSQL$, one of them is probably empty. Delete this (empty) directory.

|||I actually deleted the second file, and the problem has not gone away. How did you fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment