Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Connection to the server was reset" "server not currently accepting connections&

Hi there,

This is probably a really obvious question but I have been struggling with answering it for about two days now. (I may even be in the wrong forum) I work in a company with an internal network set up. I have been trying to connect to our website via FTP and it has worked ... well it did in the beginning. I think the server that our website is hosted on is a Unix server - this is a guess from reading the FTP transcripts of the various programs I've downloaded and tried out in an attempt to connect to it.

What happened:

I was working on an .ASP page in Dreamweaver, hit save without thinking, realised I wanted to make a few additional changes before uploading it onto the server, cancelled the transaction and voila. I haven't been able to connect to the remote server since.

Depending on the FTP program that I am using, I get a connection error along these lines:

- "Connection to the server was reset" "The server may temporarily be down or unavailable or not accepting connections"

I am a big newbie at this. I have turned off the windows firewall and tried turning on and off passive IP. I can connect from home but not from inside the building which has me think this has to do with a stray setting somewhere. My housemate suggested I try using the "telnet" command from DOS and see can I get any sort of connection from work. If I can't, he said, it's probably a firewall on the internal network itself.

Any other suggestions?

Help would be welcome!

Thanks.

Quizzy

Think you might want to post this in another group.

Maybe something in Server/Networking

No comments:

Post a Comment