Friday, February 24, 2012

"Cannot apply value null to property Login: Value cannot be null..".

I'm trying to use a transfer "SQL Server Objects Task" between a 2005 SQL Server Database and a 2000 SQL Sever Database. I have the login info specified in the connection I'm using.
According to the Debug Output the process truncates the destination tables but then stops with the: "Cannot apply value null to property Login: Value cannot be null..".
Any help anybody?
NF
This probably means that you need to specify a login to use in the transfer.

Could you repost this in the SSIS forum? (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=80&SiteID=1)|||

I had the same problem and I was specifying the sa login for my connection. When I tested the connection everything worked fine. But I received the same error message when I attempted to execute the package. I changed it to Windows Authentication and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I have to be able to specify a SQL login when I roll this into production.

I have tried all of the PackageProtectionLevels, but none seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

|||

I had the same problem. I installed SQL 2005 SP1 and it worked for me with SQL authentication.

|||

Unfortunately I’m using SSIS between a SQL 2000 (local) & SQL 2005 (remote). If I install SQL 2005 SP1 on my machine will that cure this problem – meaning, will the SSIS tools work properly?

-Cheers

|||Try changing your compatability level of the database to 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment