Sunday, February 19, 2012

<server> does not exist or access denied

The message "SQL Server does not exist or access denied" comes up when I try
editing a data-driven subscription.
The subscription worked fine until I had a problem wherein I lost access to
the report server with the message "Key not valid for use in specified
state". Access was restored by deleting keys (rskeymgmt -d), then running
RSactivate -c so that the path points to the config file in c:\program
files\mssql\reporting services. IIS was then stopped and restarted
(iisreset).
This solved the original problem, but I now have a new problem. As this new
problem did not exist before, I think it may be related to the first problem.
Please can you help?
ViolaI've sorted it -- it was a problem with the report -- nothing to do with the
previous problem.
Viola
"Viola" wrote:
> The message "SQL Server does not exist or access denied" comes up when I try
> editing a data-driven subscription.
> The subscription worked fine until I had a problem wherein I lost access to
> the report server with the message "Key not valid for use in specified
> state". Access was restored by deleting keys (rskeymgmt -d), then running
> RSactivate -c so that the path points to the config file in c:\program
> files\mssql\reporting services. IIS was then stopped and restarted
> (iisreset).
> This solved the original problem, but I now have a new problem. As this new
> problem did not exist before, I think it may be related to the first problem.
> Please can you help?
> Viola
>

No comments:

Post a Comment