Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Certificate not yet valid"

Hi guys,

I'm having this really strange issue with mirroring.

I've followed the instructions on http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191140.aspx to the letter, leaving out the witness server part, as I don't have one.

All works OK, but when activating the mirroring on the principal server I get the usual error 1418 error. I fired up SQL Server Profiler to see what was happening, and the following error emerged.

Connection handshake failed. The certificate used by the peer is invalid due to the following reason: Certificate not yet valid. State 104.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you live in the eastern hemisphere the newly created certificate is not yet valid at creation for a number of hours equal with the time difference between you time zone and GMT.
You van specify the certificate start date explictly one day in the past or wait for the numbers of hours specified (they are probably valid by now)

HTH,
~ Remus|||

Well, I live in GMT, but it works now, so I can only presume something similar was the problem.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment