Thursday, March 22, 2012

(Complete newbie) Please help! Installation problem (I think)

Hello,

I most likely am being incredibly stupid here, but I have installed SQL 2005 Enterprise and Service Pack 2 on my Acer laptop running Vista Business and cannot for the life of me figure out how to start the thing.

When I hit the start button on the toolbar, and go to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, there is one folder that expands down called Configuration Tools. This has the options Notification Services, Configuration Management, Error and Usage Reports, and Surface Area Configuration. But no where can I find an icon that actually starts the database thing so I can create a database and learn some SQL stuff.

I would be most grateful if anybody could point out where I am going wrong or if there is anything I need to do.

Many thanks,

Chima

The default installation does NOT install the client tools.

Using the install media, run Setup again, and this time choose Client Tools.

|||Marvellous thanks Arnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment