Sunday, March 25, 2012

(local) database wont start?

I dont know how this happened but my (local) SQL Server wont start. I cant access any of the databases. I just get this error:

'A connection could not be established to (local).

Reason: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen (Connect())

Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server registration properties (by right-clicking on the (local) node) and try again.'

If I go to check the properties I get the same error. Im completely locked out. I looked at the folder and the database files are there, but I cant get to them through Enterprise Manager.

I have no idea how this problem could have happened. It just seemed to have stopped working. All my other databases can be reached (they are external). Could this be a virus or something? Can someone help me out on this one? I dont have a clue what the problem is, much less how to fix it.

Thanks.Are you CERTAIN that the MSSQLServer service is running? A virus is unlikely the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment