Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"VS_ISBROKEN" error

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: "component "Source - Query" (1)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

I'm getting this error in the Data Flow task when exexuting this sql:

SELECT * FROM tbl_ws_stats WHERE pk > pk_var

pk_var is a package variable which I confirmed is being set correctly. The sql is set as a property expression.

What could be causing this?

using SQL Server 2005

Thanks

What is your property expression? it should be something like:

"SELECT * FROM tbl_ws_stats WHERE pk > " + (DT_STR, 100, 1252)@.[pk_var]

-Jamie

|||Verify that you have a good connection to your database. I check by running a simple query in the "lookup" transform. You can also verify with the connection manager.

I routinely see this error when my Oracle listener is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment